[llvm-dev] Contributing Bazel BUILD files similar to gn

Keith Smiley via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 29 15:17:02 PDT 2020

I want to jump in with some general support for this addition as a
non-googler + frequent bazel user. I find moving between projects that use
bazel much more palatable than moving between bazel + cmake projects.

I also think there's a huge benefit in having strict dependencies. In my
experience this is especially true for tests. This way you know you've
always correctly rebuilt the necessary inputs to a single test, vs using
`lit` directly and having to know / remember which set of binaries are
required to be rebuilt based on your current changes.
--
Keith Smiley