[llvm-dev] Clang 3.9.1 fails to build LLVM 11.0.0

Keane, Erich via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 26 12:34:26 PDT 2020

When we upped our ‘required compiler’ version we were VERY explicit about making sure we set our support matrix accordingly.  All of those host compiler versions came after nearly a year of extended debates.

I WOULD expect it to compile with everything from 3.5 and newer, though I don’t know what buildbots we have in place to ensure that is the case.

I do note that this is a bit of a strange bug that I haven’t been able to minimally-reproduce on Godbolt.  Presumably this https://godbolt.org/z/xd1f4E is a pretty close minimization of this, and it doesn’t reproduce.  For some reason (despite the line-numbers matching what is in the LLVM 11.0 release), it doesn’t seem to be considering line 100 of ValueEnumerator.h, the defaulted default constructor.

Issam: Can you confirm that your copy of ValueEnumerator.h (/root/llvm-project-llvmorg-11.0.0/llvm/lib/Bitcode/Writer/ValueEnumerator.h)  line 100 is     MDRange() = default;
?

As for bugs, you can go to bugs.llvm.org to report defects, though the signup has a manual process required by one of the admins due to spam.