[llvm-dev] Upcoming upgrade of LLVM buildbot

Florian Hahn via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 21 05:30:34 PDT 2020

> On Oct 20, 2020, at 03:35, Galina Kistanova via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> We have reached the point when all the bots could be updated to a newer buildbot-worker software.
>
> We should be fine to go with whatever the version is current for the OS on your bots.
>
> If you are a bot owner, please feel free to move your bots to the staging, upgrade the buildbot worker, check to make sure it is still reliably green, and move it back to the production build bot. Please talk to me if for any reason you want to stay with the version you currently have installed.
>
> Feel free to ping me if you will get issues or will need help.
>
> In the meantime, we will lock the llvm-zorg repository for changes for a few days. I'm going to clean up the patches for the updated zorg and will commit them. Once that is done we are back to accepting the changes.

Thanks for all the work making the buildbot upgrade possible!

One thing I noticed is that since the upgrade, it appears like the IRC llvm-build bot stopped mentioning people on the blamelist for broken builds. Unfortunately I don’t know much about the bot, is there anything that needs adjusting to bring the blamelist functionality back?

Cheers,
Florian