[llvm-dev] RFC: Deleting git-svn folder (git-llvm, git-svnrevert, git-svnup)

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 18 11:59:58 PDT 2020

On Tue, 12 May 2020 at 22:01, David Blaikie via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 1:50 PM Johannes Doerfert via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> @Zola, Eric,
>>

>> I really feel the communication and reasoning here is problematic.
>>
>> From my perspective, you removed stuff "we don't need", ignoring whether it is used, and then let people figure out how to deal with the result.
>>
>> What I most dislike about the process most is how questions and concerns are then ignored or played down.
>
> Honestly, I think Zola did more than I'd have expected to be done for this - sending out the proposal (to llvm-dev, not just llvm-commits, even) & waiting a week for feedback.

I agree with that - thank you Zola for your work to discuss this
proposal with the contributor community. The timing of the posting of
RFC was slightly awkward for LLVM Weekly - with the email hitting the
list after last week's issue was written. Just something to keep in
mind for anyone authoring an RFC they'd like to see advertised to LLVM
contributors who don't track the mailing list closely.

Best,

Alex