[llvm-dev] Redundant copies

Roger Ferrer Ibáñez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 16 01:14:53 PDT 2020

Hi Sjoerd,

I'm already using RDA in the pass I mentioned and it works great. Thanks
Sam!

Regarding the root cause, I didn't see anything obviously suboptimal not in
the copy coalescing or the register allocation, at least in my previous
example. Alternatively we might want to improve what we pass onto RA: i.e.
remove the redundant copy earlier. At this point however it doesn't
(obviously) look like one (it still using different vregs) which suggests
it might require a bit more of work to discover something that will
ultimately lead to a redundant copy. I will investigate this option as well.

I'll take a look at the hardware-loop pass DCE code. Thanks for the pointer!

Kind regards,

Missatge de Sjoerd Meijer <Sjoerd.Meijer at arm.com> del dia dj., 12 de març
2020 a les 20:50:

--