[llvm-dev] [RFC] Semi-Automatic clang-format of files with low frequency

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 30 00:33:46 PDT 2020

In general, sounds okay to me, but one slight concern I have is that there
are some areas of code I've seen which are deliberately unformatted for
various reasons, quite often because the code looks much nicer in its
current state or similar. This of course might just mean a clang-format bug
fix/small behaviour adjustment etc is needed, or "do not format" markers
needs adding. However, short of an audit of every file that might be
affected by this, it's hard to know when something might be affected
undesirably, so I'd be marginally against it being an automated approach
without some kind of manual reading of the changes involved.

James