[llvm-dev] Compiling an LLVM pass for Android

Joseph via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 18 12:28:20 PDT 2020

Hey. I'm doing research around compiler optimizations in embedded systems.
My research brought me to LLVM passes. Based on this email (
https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2014-July/074913.html), it looks
like one can build an LLVM function pass and add it to Android's CMake
compilation phase.

First off, I'll have to compile the pass using the Android toolchain (So,
this maybe
`toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/x86_64-linux-android29-clang++`).
I can have [Android's CMake toolchain](

https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/cmake#usage)

 take care of this, but how would one compile an LLVM pass out-of-tree
using Android's toolchain?

Second, if anyone had experience with this or an example of running the
pass itself, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks guys