[LLVMdev] Running an LLVM pass during an android compile

Tom Roeder tmroeder at google.com
Fri Jul 18 15:04:45 PDT 2014

Yeah, that is likely due to a difference between the version of LLVM you
built LLVMHello.so with and the version used in Android.

IIRC, the version used in the toolchain is
at prebuilts/clang/linux-x86/host/3.5/bin/clang in the latest version of
the Android tree, and it's built from the code in external/clang and
external/llvm. The first thing I'd try to do in your case is to build
LLVMHello.so from those sources and see if you can get it to run using the
toolchain version of clang directly. If you can, then you can port your
optimization pass into external/llvm and build it there.