[llvm-dev] Is it possible to get the exact PC address of an instruction?

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 9 10:46:10 PDT 2020

Hello Abhay,

Are you talking about fault injection at runtime?  With an instruction generated from C/C++ source?  I can imagine using a label in the source code, and finding the address of that label afterward, which limits you to the first instruction generated after the label.
But in the general case, if I had to do this myself, I’d probably end up disassembling the object file to find the instruction of interest; or generating asm source (with -S) and inserting a label before running it through the assembler.  None of these tactics do anything clever within LLVM, it would work with any toolchain.

Good luck,
--paulr