[llvm-dev] Combine TableGen documents?

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 29 07:22:29 PDT 2020

I've spent the last few days reading and rereading the TableGen documents. I thought I would try to improve the "Language Introduction" and the "Language Reference." But now I think it makes sense to combine the two documents. It isn't really possible for someone to use TableGen without reading both of them. Also, the factoring is unusual in some places. For example, the complete list of value expression facilities is in the Introduction rather than the Reference.

What do people think of this idea?

One reason not to do it is that it might be a waste of energy: Most of the uses of TableGen may already be in place.

Windfall               Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
   Software            978 369-0839
                             www.windfall.com
My life has been filled with calamities,
some of which actually happened.
---Mark Twain

Guga 'mzimba, sala 'nhliziyo