[llvm-dev] ORC error: No callback manager available

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 20 10:17:11 PDT 2020

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately there is no API to avoid the error message. The only way to
avoid it would be to patch LLVM 8. The patch itself is simple: On
OrcCBindingsStack.h line 455 (See
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/89de0d8dfbb9a6ff1f8b141ed70b563ecc094878/llvm/lib/ExecutionEngine/Orc/OrcCBindingsStack.h#L455)
you just need to replace

logAllUnhandledErrors(CCMgr.takeError(), errs(), "ORC error: ");

with

consumeError(CCMgr.takeError());

It seems to me that the newer ORC APIs only exist in LLVM10. Were the older
> ORC APIs deprecated in LLVM10 only?

Yes. The old APIs were deprecated in 10 and will remain deprecated (but
present) in LLVM 11. I aim to remove them before LLVM 12.

Regards,
Lang.