[llvm-dev] Handling far branches with fixups or ELF relocs

Denis Steckelmacher via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 1 04:37:24 PDT 2020

 Hello,
Thank you for the information. I will look at the LLD source files you mention. Thank you also for the "veneer" name. I was aware of stubs, thunks and trampolines, not veneer. I will grep it on the LLVM code-base and see what I find.
In the processor I'm working with, conditional jumps have a range of 1KB forward or backward. The range is problematic, as I'm currently unable to compile CoreMark for that processor (to be more precise, assembly generation works, but ELF object generation fails due to out-of-range conditional jumps). I'm afraid that many conditional jumps will be limited by their range. I therefore have to find a solution that limits the number of additional instructions, or jumps to linker-generated code, as much as possible.
Thank you again. I now have information from which I hope to find a solution to my problem.
Best regards,
Denis