[llvm-dev] State of llgo in monorepo?

Raphael “Teemperor” Isemann via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 13 23:46:41 PST 2020

So just to summarise what happened outside the mailing list:
* We removed llvm-go
* We also removed/fixed several things that referenced llvm-go in the following days.
* We reverted all of that (apparently to test LLVM’s Go bindings with llvm-go instead of system Go)

So from what I understand the only reason llvm-go is in tree is to test the bindings? It’s also not clear to me why we can’t use the normal go compiler for testing them (like we test the ocaml bindings with the system ocamlc).