[llvm-dev] MLIR changes not sent to any mailing lists?

Greg Bedwell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 6 14:48:25 PST 2020

> Here's a non-MLIR commit that also wasn't sent to any list:
> b3576f60ebc8f660afad8120a72473be47517573

I don't think that this is the same issue as the mlir commits.  This
particular one is likely due to the issue of non-ascii characters the
commit summary (author/comitter name in this case) causing some sort of
failure somewhere in the email pipeline, resulting in emails not turning up
on the list:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-August/134516.html
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-November/137292.html
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-December/137508.html
My guess is that somewhere on some server involved in sending the emails
there's a series of error messages hiding in a logfile about invalid ascii
characters from some software that isn't utf-8 aware.  I don't know who
owns that process though.

-Greg