[llvm-dev] 2021 EuroLLVM

Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 11 08:24:52 PST 2020

LLVM Community,

Last year, the COVID-19 pandemic led to the cancellation of  EuroLLVM 2020 in Paris, France and moved our 2020 US LLVM Developers’ meeting to a virtual conference. As we are quickly approaching 2021, we further decided to not host any in-person events during the first half of the year due to the pandemic. Unfortunately, this means that EuroLLVM will not be held in Paris, France in April 2021 as previously announced.

The US LLVM Developers’ meeting was our first virtual event and we learned a lot from the experience. While we feel the event was successful in many ways, the actual engagement during the event was much lower than anticipated.

While we do plan to host a virtual event as a replacement for EuroLLVM, it may look and feel different than past EuroLLVM Developers’ Meetings. We feel this is an opportunity to try a few new things and learn from our experience of the last virtual event. The exact dates and format are still being determined, but will be announced in the new year.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
Tanya Lattner
President, LLVM Foundation