[llvm-dev] Fwd: Question about the platform/OS used by most LLVM developers

Gratian Lup via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 10 10:40:27 PST 2020

Thanks for the info!
Made a survey with 3 questions here, it would be great to get some answers:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SDQMM3Q

I assumed there is a mix of OS usage (although didn't think about FreeBSD,
to be honest) and getting the app to run on all these platforms would be
ideal.
Main issue is that it's made using .NET Core (C#) and WPF, with WPF being
now the Windows-only part, officially. I've got it to work really well with
Wine though on Linux, and Docker makes things even easier by having to just
get a prebuilt image that has everything configured properly.

The app does have several libs, with a "core" part and 1-2 command-line
tools that would run natively where .NET core does, just that the power of
the tool is all in the UI. Not sure I can share screenshots yet, that would
give a better idea of what it is. Think about it as an IDE for compiler
devs I guess. Sometimes I regret not going with QT, but such a change would
be a big rewrite at this point and it's mostly my free-time project. And to
be honest I would rather not use C++ for this even though I work on a C++
compiler...

Btw, should I send another message just with the survey link, or does this
have enough visibility?

Thanks,
Gratian