[llvm-dev] RFC Adding Fortran tests to LLVM Test Suite

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 9 09:32:28 PST 2020

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 17:06, Romero, Nichols A. <naromero at anl.gov> wrote:

> Yes, I am working on identifying some OSS applications and benchmarks.

Awesome!

Are they in some public dashboard like this one?
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/#/console

Yes, though it's not really obvious (or even easy) to find that out. :(

You can look at the configuration file:
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-zorg/blob/master/buildbot/osuosl/master/config/builders.py

If the builder is using `ClangBuilder`, just check the ones that have the
option: `runTestSuite=True`

I can see Arm, AArch64, PPC, IBM-Z, X86.

The ones with `testsuite_flags=['--benchmarking-only']` will be running in
benchmark mode and submitting the results to the LNT server.

Other builder types may be doing it, but I don't know about those.

The goal is to have an analogous set-up to what is done now for C/C++. I am
> just getting up to speed now on it.

I want to make sure I'm not trying to push you, just giving you the runes
that aren't obvious when you first start working on it.

We have a number of people (including me, many times) excited to add tests
or infrastructure to the test-suite only to give up half-way because of the
mess it is.

Folks really did a good number on it in the past few years (CMake support,
statistical analysis, benchmark mode), so it's probably a lot easier now
than when I had to work on it.

Good luck and thanks for taking on such a thankless task. :)

cheers,
--renato