[llvm-dev] [RFC] Expanding the scope of ENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL_NEW_PASS_MANAGER

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 4 14:18:48 PST 2020

I strongly disagree with this proposal.  As in, please do not land
patches which implement this proposal.  If anything, we should remove
the build time config flag entirely.

The new manager is mature and has been in wide use for a long time now.
Moving it to a conditional compilation item is a major regression in
implied maturity and completely unwarranted.  If anything, we should
just flip the dang flag and make people using the old pass manager
support it.  (Most downstream groups I know of are running NPM.)

Philip