[llvm-dev] External references in .rst documentation files

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 14 09:22:00 PDT 2020

Could a reStructured text/Sphinx maven tell me the correct way to code an external reference in a documentation file? In one file I found three different methods:

:doc:`Title <TableGen/ProgRef>`

:doc:`../CodeGenerator`

`Title <https://clang.llvm.org/docs/...>`_

I had no luck searching online. If it matters, I'm adding cross-references between TableGen documents that are all in the same docs/ TableGen directory.

Windfall               Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
   Software            978 369-0839
                             www.windfall.com
My life has been filled with calamities,
some of which actually happened.
---Mark Twain

Guga 'mzimba, sala 'nhliziyo