[llvm-dev] LLVM Book Authorship Opportunity

Matthew Emerick via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 14 06:45:14 PDT 2020

Hello, LLVM Developers.

My name is Matthew Emerick and I have an opportunity for you and the LLVM
project.  I represent Packt Publishing in the acquisition of new material
to publish.  I have been working with one of their Product Managers, who
may have reached out to you, and he asked for my help in securing an author
for a book about LLVM.

>From my discussions with the Product Manager, Packt is looking for a book
about an overview of the project along with best practices from a user
perspective.  Off the top of my head, I could see an introductory chapter
with the history of the project and a high level overview.  Then a section
about the technologies involved and what they do.  Then finish up with a
chapter of best practices through some example projects.

Is there any interest on your end? Will you consider it?  I look forward to
your response.

Thanks,
Matthew Emerick