[llvm-dev] TBAA for builtin functions?

John C. Ruttenberg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Apr 25 07:05:08 PDT 2020

I am implementing some builtins that allow various transactions with
memory.  These each take exactly one pointer argument.  I'd like to include
TBAA for this pointer.  In particular, I'd like the scheduler to be able to
use this during instruction scheduling.

I played a little with the hexagon builtins and none of these seem to
include TBAA in the intrinsics emitted by the front end.  Looking at
CGBuiltin.cpp, I couldn't find a reference to TBAA, so I'm thinking I might
be trying something that is either new or stupid.

Thanks for any clues.