[llvm-dev] Various Intermediate Representations. IR

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 14 13:23:39 PDT 2020

Currently, LLVM often uses the *i8 type (pointer to char) to represent
a pointer to some not-specified type. We are also working on replacing
the pointer-to-type pointer types by a single pointer type without a
specific pointee-type. Look for "opaque pointer" on llvm-dev and the
repository commits.

Michael