[llvm-dev] lld-link with MSVC6 object files

Paul Moran via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 30 14:07:46 PDT 2019

MSVC 6 is 1998 not 1989 :)

The latest MSVC linker can link these object files. Is this just because it
has support for C13 types and some other code path for whatever MSVC6 uses?
After some digging around it appears to be this format:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/pe-format#coff-file-header-object-and-image

Which is COFF object file format? Does lld link support this format?