[llvm-dev] [mlir] Re: "MLIR meets LLVM" Round-Table at the LLVM Dev Meeting

Vedant Kumar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 21 11:44:58 PDT 2019

> On Oct 21, 2019, at 11:34 AM, Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> As a reminder, the round-table will be Tuesday, Oct 22, 10:20-11:30, see here: http://llvm.org/devmtg/2019-10/#round <http://llvm.org/devmtg/2019-10/#round>
>
> Here is a potential list of all the topics I gathered from everyone, let me know if I missed anything.
>
> - Intro, practical aspect of the integration (repository, etc.)
> - Can we have a machine-readable definition of LLVM IR in LLVM itself: instructions, tracking changes, altering the semantics in the dialect wrt LLVM IR. We could reuse this for the MLIR LLVM Dialect.

The need for a machine-readable description of LLVM IR in LLVM itself has come up in past discussions re: the function merging pass. When LLVM IR is extended, it would be great if the function comparator utility automatically learned which IR properties to diff instead of silently miscompiling.

vedant