[llvm-dev] [mlir] Re: "MLIR meets LLVM" Round-Table at the LLVM Dev Meeting

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 21 11:34:44 PDT 2019

Hi all,

As a reminder, the round-table will be Tuesday, Oct 22, 10:20-11:30, see
here: http://llvm.org/devmtg/2019-10/#round

Here is a potential list of all the topics I gathered from everyone, let me
know if I missed anything.

- Intro, practical aspect of the integration (repository, etc.)
- Can we have a machine-readable definition of LLVM IR in LLVM itself:
instructions, tracking changes, altering the semantics in the dialect wrt
LLVM IR. We could reuse this for the MLIR LLVM Dialect.
- Clang: would the static analyzer be a good candidate for a project to be
playing with a MLIR Dialect?
- Using MLIR for SCEV, VPLAN, etc. Isn’t SCEV an IR?
- MIR: could/should it be reimplemented as a MLIR dialect?
- What about Alive? (If Alive folks are around?)
- Representing parallelism in MLIR
- Heterogeneous compilation: this includes GPU of course, but also more
exotic platforms / third-party accelerator: how to plug all this into a
codegen story?
- Using MLIR dialects as a testbed for proposed LLVM IR changes (there were
proposals of tensor types for LLVM for example).
- Using MLIR for loop optimization and other higher-level transformations,
e.g. doing LLVM->Polly->MLIR Affine->LLVM.-

Note also that at shortly after the round-table, at 12:05pm the talk about An
MLIR Dialect for High-Level Optimization of Fortran
<https://llvm.org/devmtg/2019-10/talk-abstracts.html#tech19> will take
place.

Best,

--