[llvm-dev] Postdoc and Research Programmer openings in HPVM group at Illinois

Adve, Vikram Sadanand via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 17 20:46:59 PDT 2019

(If you are interested in any of the positions below, please send me email<mailto:vadve at illinois.edu?subject=Postdoc%20/%20Research%20Programmer%20position> directly together with a detailed CV and the names of 3 references.)

We have positions available in my research group for a full-time programmer as well as a postdoc with the HPVM / ApproxHPVM project.  The HPVM Compiler Infrastructure<http://hpvm.cs.illinois.edu/> is an extension of the LLVM infrastructure for heterogeneous parallel systems.  ApproxHPVM adds support to HPVM for accuracy-aware optimizations.

HPVM and ApproxHPVM are being used to explore programming systems for performance, programmability, portability and energy efficiency in mobile and edge-computing systems, in application areas such as autonomous vehicles, robotics, IoT, and AR/VR.  The group is particularly interested in exploring approximation techniques for high energy efficiency, domain-specific programming techniques, and programmability for accelerator-rich heterogeneous systems, with an emphasis on edge computing.

The research brings together expertise in compilers, programming languages, run-time systems, GPU / FPGA / accelerator programming, autotuning, and machine learning.  Researchers and programmers with expertise in any of these areas and an interest in collaborative research spanning these disciplines are welcome.  Those with strong LLVM experience are especially encouraged to apply.

—Vikram Adve

+ Donald B. Gillies Professor of Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
+ Admin: Kimberly Baker – kabaker at illinois.edu<mailto:kabaker at illinois.edu>
+ Skype: vikramadve || Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/2173900467
+ Home page: http://vikram.cs.illinois.edu
+ Center for Digital Agriculture: https://digitalag.illinois.edu<https://digitalag.illinois.edu/>