[llvm-dev] Attempting EuroLLVM2020 as a beginner

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Nov 23 01:35:47 PST 2019

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 7:38 AM Gaier, Bjoern via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hello again LLVM-Mailinglist,
>

> This time I have no technical question however…
>

> Personally I’m a big fan of the LLVM, the concept behind it – as far as I
> understood it – and your work in general. I use the LLVM to develop various
> JIT applications that load the LLVM bytecode files under Windows – my many
> many questions are usually about this subject.
>

> Still after a year I feel like being a noob in that area. This is why I
> wonder if attempting the EuroLLVM2020 would help me with that. Of course, I
> never attempted such a convention so I have no idea if the talks will be
> way over my head,

The talks from the previous conferences are online, you could check the
ones from EuroLLVM 2019 to get an idea of the content:
https://llvm.org/devmtg/2019-04/

> or if there are any activities to pick up beginner?

Something that is fairly common in the feedback on the Dev Meeting (as far
as I know) is that one of the main benefit attendees get out of the event
is to network with other people sharing similar interests.
The round-tables, tutorials, and the hallway/lunch/dinner discussions are
really great reasons to attend.

Best,

--
Mehdi