[llvm-dev] RFC: Moving toward Discord and Discourse for LLVM's discussions

Alex Brachet-Mialot via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 18 08:57:13 PST 2019

I had similar concerns about discord, it looks just like slack, Rust also
uses Discord and I’m wondering why, but my guess is it’s free and Slack is
not. But what happens when Discord decides they need to start making a
profit too? Maybe not as big of a deal because discord/irc doesn’t need to
be archived in the same way that the Discourse would. I think Paul has a
good point here, though.