[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #280, May 13th 2019
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 13 13:17:06 PDT 2019
LLVM Weekly - #280, May 13th 2019
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the two hundred and eightieth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
The next LLVM Developers' Meeting is
October 22-23rd in San Jose.
An LLVM Social will [take place in
Chicago](http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-May/132227.html) at a
yet-to-be determined date. Use the linked Doodle poll or meetup page to
indicate your preference.
GDB 8.3 [has been
## On the mailing lists
* Alexey Sidorin [provides an
support for a matcher-like checker API.
* Praveen Velliengiri is a GSoC student working on speculative compilation in
ORC, and introduces themselves
Nuta [will be working on improving LLVM binary
* Paul Robinson
removal of `REQUIRES: no*` instances in LLVM codebases as they may mislead
peope into thinking the `no*` prefix is understood by lit, and these cases can
be better handled using `UNSUPPORTED: `.
* Simon Pilgrim is [seeking
the current scan-build reports on LLVM and interest in fixing the reported
issues. Artem Dergacehv
GSoC project will be looking at static analyzer false positives.
## LLVM commits
* LoopSimplify learned to preserve MemorySSA.
* Support was added for `AVX512_BF16` instructions, supported by the upcoming
Cooper Lake microarchitecture. [r360017](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL360017).
* On the ARM backend, register copies are now glued to tail calls. As
described in the commit message, the previous logic wasn't quite correct. If
your out-of-tree backend copied ARM you may want to review.
* InstPrinter was moved to MCTargetDesc for various backends for consistency
with backends where this is necessary in order to avoid a circular dependency.
[r360488](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL360488), and more.
## Clang commits
* P1009R2 from C++20 was implemented, allowing the array bound in an array new
expression to be omitted. [r360006](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL360006).
* C++20 explicit(bool) support was committed.
* The `-gz` and `-wA,--compress-debug-sections` options were updated to use
gABI compression rather than zlib-gnu.
* clangd gained an intermediate representation of formatted text.
## Other project commits
* The standalone version of the scudo allocator gained a Quarantine
implementation to hold chunks of memory prior to releasing them for potential
* The LLDB python reference page was ported over from the old LLDB website.
More information about the llvm-dev