[llvm-dev] Where to send emails with questions about WebAssembly?

Thomas Lively via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 8 13:47:51 PDT 2019

Hi Osman,

If you have a problem using emscripten you should ask on the
emscripten-discuss mailing list. Doing that can also get you related LLVM
help since there is considerable overlap between the people maintaining
emscripten and the WebAssembly LLVM backend. emscripten-discuss is also
probably the best list for asking about using clang/lld to compile
WebAssembly modules, since those questions are not really about the
development of LLVM itself. Questions about WebAssembly-specific features
or potential bugs in LLVM or lld can certainly be asked here, though.

That being said, if you are trying to compile C/C++ for the web, it will be
much more difficult to do that without emscripten than with emscripten.
Emscripten does a lot of work to provide necessary runtime support for
C/C++ on the web in addition to all of its POSIX emulation support. Without
emscripten, you will have to reinvent those wheels from scratch.

Thomas