[llvm-dev] CMake Warning about rpath on MacOS

Alex Brachet-Mialot via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 31 17:44:03 PDT 2019

Hi recently (started maybe 2 days ago) I have been getting this warning
whenever CMake regenerates the build files:

```
CMake Warning (dev):
  Policy CMP0042 is not set: MACOSX_RPATH is enabled by default.  Run "cmake
  --help-policy CMP0042" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy command
  set the policy and suppress this warning.

  MACOSX_RPATH is not specified for the following targets:

   benchmark
   benchmark_main

This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
```
It doesn't bother me but it is strange that it just started happening. Is
this on my end or are other people experiencing this too?

For reference my cmake version is 3.14.5 and if it makes a difference (I
doubt it would) I do have the environment variable DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set,
although that's not new.

Cheers,
Alex