[llvm-dev] RFC: changing variable naming rules in LLVM codebase & git-blame

Peter Waller via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 23 08:25:05 PDT 2019

On 7/22/19 6:34 PM, JF Bastien via llvm-dev wrote:
> * How do we expect to maintain git blame history, if at all?

Hmm. I was hoping git-blame would have a feature which might allow
ignoring commits, but seemingly not. You can ignore whitespace changes
with -w, but of course that doesn't help for variable names.

It seems the next best thing is to blame starting at a revision. At
least if there is "one big change", there is only one revision to
consider. With many smaller changes that would be harder.