[llvm-dev] Glue to connect two nodes in LLVM backend

Reshabh Sharma via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 11 10:53:28 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I wanted to attach a node without affecting the present nodes in any way. I
tried to use MVT::Glue for that but I think I'm missing something as I
could not achieve the below state.

LUI                         LUI
  |                             |
ADDI ----GLUE---- ADDI

store

I've few question about this and Glue node in general, I'll be happy to get
some help on this :)
1. Is Gluing the right approach or there is something better for such use
case?
2. If I do something like DAG.getNode(ISD::ADDI, DL, MVT::Glue, LUINode,
OtherADDINode). How will it know that the other ADDI node should be glued
and not LUI. I seriously feel I'm missing something.

Many thanks,
Reshabh