[llvm-dev] GitHub monorepo and commit access

Marco Antognini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 9 02:57:15 PDT 2019

Hello,

I was wondering what was the current expected practice for committing patches to LLVM now that the Git monorepo is here.

I have commit access to SVN but when I try to land my patched through GitHub I get an error saying "Permission to llvm/llvm-project.git denied".

Depending on the answer, the documentation might need to be slightly clarified: the getting started documents for Clang and LLVM encourage cloning from GitHub, but the Developer Policy [1] only briefly mentions SVN and the GitHub Move Proposal [2] reads "a GitHub account will be required instead of SVN username/password-hash". In that last sentence, is the future tense still applicable?

Thanks,
Marco

[1] http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#obtaining-commit-access
[2] https://llvm.org/docs/Proposals/GitHubMove.html#what-this-proposal-is-not-about