[llvm-dev] [llvm-pdbutil] : merge not working properly

Vivien Millet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 28 11:48:18 PST 2019

To be more precise on the crash context, it only happens if I write in the
"Watch" window a variable with a name unknown from the local context, for
example I type "foobar" which does not exist in my program, and then Visual
Studio freezes (the cursor busy), then it crashes/closes and relaunch as
usual. I suspect the Global/Public stream stuff in this case to be wrong,
or at least a problem in my symbol record but my method parameter displays
well in the "Watch".. If you have an idea..
Could it be a mangling problem in my symbol records ? I don't use C++
mangling, then maybe parsing my symbols can generate bugs..
Is there a C++ mangler in LLVM I can use to produce correct names ?