[llvm-dev] WebAssembly use of collectDebugValues

Yury Delendik via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 21 07:55:00 PST 2019

Jeremy,

Thank you for heads up. Yes, it does. The WebAssembly backend relies
on the collectDebugValues though it does not rely on idea of "machine
pseudo-instructions immediately after the instruction". I don't have a
good answer yet, but if collectDebugValues continues returning
DBG_VALUE connected with the defining instruction it will be fine. The
examples of operations it is used in: replace virtual register in a
defining instruction, instructions moving or cloning inside and
between BBs. So I guess we just need to see and follow up with future
changes in the behaviour of the collectDebugValues.

Thanks