[llvm-dev] changing variable naming rules in LLVM codebase

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 19 02:34:33 PST 2019

+1 to David's statement that naming members and locals differently seems
strange to me. I can't think of a case where it's been important for me to
distinguish between a local and class member and it hasn't already been
clear at a glance/click etc. Frankly, I just find turning things into
non-English words (e.g. due to a prefix/suffix) strange and makes it harder
for me to actually read/talk about code with people in person etc (e.g. try
talking about the theoretical member variable mThing/m_thing with someone).