[llvm-dev] Guidance on working with the NVIDIA GPU back-end

Dmitry Mikushin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 16 08:38:41 PST 2019

Unlimited number of registers in PTX ISA means there is no any meaningful
register allocation at all. That is, it makes no sense trying to limit
something, which does not exist. NVPTX is lowered further by ptxas into
physical registers, but it is out of the scope of LLVM.

Kind regards,
- Dmitry.

пн, 16 дек. 2019 г. в 17:29, CoffeeBeforeArch via llvm-dev <