[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #309, December 2nd 2019
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 2 11:34:19 PST 2019
LLVM Weekly - #309, December 2nd 2019
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the three hundred and ninth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
Further videos from the LLVM Developers' Meeting
[continue to be posted on
## On the mailing lists
* Oliver Stannard has posted an RFC with a prototype patch for [displaying
source variable locations in
The functionality is
[demonstrated through demo output](https://reviews.llvm.org/M2). All
respondents so far are very positive about this improvement.
* Christian Kühnel reports that [pre-merge checks are ready for beta
As explained in
this provides the ability to apply and test patches from Phabricator prior to
* Brian Gesiak is seeking [advice on porting coro-split pass to the new pass
This is an SCC (strongly connected components) pass, so slightly more involved
than porting the coroutine passes implemented as function passes.
* Galina Kistanova shares that [a subset of buildbots will report build status
* Nuno Lopes started a discussion on the [semantics for shufflevector with an
arguing that the LangRef semantics are incorrect.
* Arthur Peters is [looking for reviewers for a set of clang-c API and Python
## LLVM commits
* The ORCv2 lookup API was updated to support weak references and to better
support static archives. [674df13](https://reviews.llvm.org/rG674df13b5fa).
* Floating point conversion intrinsics were implemented for SVE.
* Various issues were fixed with the expansion of Mips sc/scs/ll/lld
## Clang commits
* The implicit conversion sanitizer can now sanitize pre/post
increment/decrement of types with a bit width smaller than `int`.
* clangd now implements cross-file rename.
## Other project commits
* The zlib compression level used by LLD will now vary depending on the
optimisation level (e.g. `-O1` etc.).
* sanitizer-common was updated to build with glibc 2.31, which had some ABI
changes on many architectures.
More information about the llvm-dev