[llvm-dev] LLD Build Improvements

Simon Whittaker via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 26 21:57:16 PDT 2019

Hello,

to echo others, significant benefits have been seen in link times at Sony
PlayStation (turnaround time is really important for the large engineering
teams working on games). Multithread utilization in lld is good.

Additionally, my experience is that other LLVM features such as LTO and CFI
(which requires LTO  / Thin LTO) are easier to adopt with lld than
alternatives.

Finally, the lld code is well structured, easy to follow and leverages
other parts of LLVM where sensible.

Thanks,

Simon