[llvm-dev] Disassembler decoding conflict

Finkel, Hal J. via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 2 09:41:18 PDT 2019

On 4/1/19 6:48 PM, Josh Sharp via llvm-dev wrote:
I have an ADDI instruction and an ADDI_Clone instruction which is just a special case of ADDI. The 2 have the same opcode. During generation of XXXGenDisassemblerTables.inc, I get this message

Decoding Conflict:
ADDI 00000___________
ADDI_clone 00000___________

What is the proper way to solve this conflict?

Should your ADDI_clone be marked with isCodeGenOnly = 1 - if you're only using it for specialized code generation, then this is the right solution.

 -Hal

Thanks.

Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility