[llvm-dev] WebAssembly into normal Target?

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 21 03:20:26 PDT 2018

On 19 September 2018 at 23:05, James Y Knight via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Sounds reasonable to me.
>
> For reference, these are the targets currently marked experimental:
>   ARC, AVR, Nios2, RISCV, WebAssembly.
>
> I think RISCV ought to be moved out of the "experimental" list, too.
> (cc += asb, for comment)

I would like to promote it from "experimental" during the 8.0 cycle. I
intend to propose this move between now on the LLVM Dev Meeting.

As to the original topic of this thread. WebAssembly definitely seems
mature enough to promote from experimental. In my view, any backend
that is "stable" at the time of an official release has a certain
obligation with regards to stability of interfaces (command line
interface, object format, assembly, etc etc). It looks like Dan Gohman
answered my question there
<http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-September/126261.html>
and things are now fairly fixed.

Best,