[llvm-dev] [clangd-dev] Subprojects, GitHub, and the Monorepo

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 22 11:24:55 PDT 2018

Thanks!  Being a "user" of GitHub projects does not require having a GitHub account (having downloaded some myself, and not having a GitHub account whose name or associated email address I can remember).  But if it's commonplace to require a GitHub account in order to file a bug against any of these (I don't know, I've never tried), then at least the proposal is following common practice and not something unusual.

FTR, I would dispute pretty much all of your original Point 1, as well as the later statement that "this is why we're moving the code to GitHub" but that's all not really relevant to the TL;DR of your proposal, which I might summarize this way:

-        clangd is (about to be) hosted and available on GitHub, so

-        it ought to present itself in ways that GitHub projects usually do.

The move-to-GitHub discussion is explicitly NOT addressing trying to move the overall bug-tracking system; but you might have a valid reason for popping up a separate one for clangd, and now I understand what you're driving at (IIUC, please correct as needed).
Thanks,
--paulr