[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] LLVM C++14/C++17 BoF - Summary

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 19 18:04:03 PDT 2018

Thanks, I'm glad we don't necessarily have to upgrade OS to get upgraded compilers. I've never been too clear on these Unix sys-admin sorts of things.

I'm happy this is going forward, I'm happy there is a plan, and I am *especially* happy that we have a reasonable amount of time to get ready for it.  If there's some place that someone is going to write down the general desire/policy for future advances in the minimum language standard used by the project, please make sure that statement includes reasonable advance notice to allow everyone time to go through acquisition, validation, and deployment steps.  Which has to include time for corporate procurement and IT engagement.  I'd say 3 months is definitely a minimum lead time, and some contributors might need more.

Are all the bot owners on board?
--paulr