[llvm-dev] Scheduling defs and uses close in PreRA

Alexey Zhikhartsev via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 4 14:55:01 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

Here, Florian Hahn talks about PreRA instruction scheduling:
https://youtu.be/brpomKUynEA?t=582

Florian mentions that one of its main goals is to schedule defs and uses
closer together to shorten live ranges and decrease the chance of spills.
My question is: where is the code that specifically implements this logic
of putting defs and their corresponding uses closer together? I was
expecting to find relevant code in MachineScheduler.cpp GenericScheduler
but couldn't. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Best,

Alex