[llvm-dev] [FPEnv] FNEG instruction

Cameron McInally via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 2 12:06:14 PDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 5:41 PM Sanjay Patel <spatel at rotateright.com> wrote:

> I don't see any controversy for the preliminary requirement of removing BinaryOperator::isFNeg()
> and friends, so start with that?
> That work may reveal other potential regressions that we can patch in
> advance too.

This is true and I will agree to do this work...

> Other than that, I think there's really only a question of do we want 1 or
> both of fneg and fneg_constrained (and if we choose both, then I assume
> we'd also add fabs_constrained and copysign_constrained).

but this is the real goal. Doing the BinaryOperator::isFNeg() work is in
vain if we don't have at least a conditional approval of an explicit FNEG
IR instruction.

Would it be possible to obtain that conditional approval before work
begins? That seems most prudent.