[llvm-dev] apt.llvm.org has the wrong binaries/headers for llvm-toolchain-xenial-7

Andrew Kelley via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 28 20:11:16 PST 2018

On 11/28/18 8:46 PM, Friedman, Eli via llvm-dev wrote:
> On 11/28/2018 5:28 PM, Kristopher Tate via llvm-dev wrote:
>> Although the patch was approved here https://reviews.llvm.org/D54378
>>
>> Is this patch going to land in 7.0.1 or 8?
>
> For trunk (and therefore 8), looks like it was approved, and it's just
> waiting for someone with commit rights to merge it.
>
> Probably won't be merged to 7.0.1, since it's a new feature.

It was merged as a debian-specific patch to apt.llvm.org in
https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-llvm-team/llvm-toolchain/merge_requests/22

I worked around the issue downstream, by not depending on a consistent
value for Triple::LastOSType. So I would consider the issue resolved,
although I would mention that I consider it unwise to make API breaking
changes to bugfix versions.

That said, we're all open-source developers here, and software is
provided without any warranty, yadda yadda, so, at the end of the day,
thanks everyone, and warm regards.

Sincerely,

Andrew