[llvm-dev] OSX 10.5 PowerPC and hang after "Looking for __cxa_throw in stdc++"

Jeffrey Walton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 15 23:48:22 PST 2018

Sorry to have to ask... I'm catching too much noise from dumps.

I'm building LLVM 7.0 using release tarballs on OS X 10.5 PowerPC. I'm
building out-of-tree mostly following
https://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#getting-started-quickly-a-summary
.

Cmake gets this far and hangs:

-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Looking for __cxa_throw in c++
-- Looking for __cxa_throw in c++ - not found
-- Looking for __cxa_throw in stdc++
-- Looking for __cxa_throw in stdc++ - found

The Cmake script does not appear to move on to other tests like "--
Looking for __i686__" (if
https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-December/108363.html is
accurate).

Any ideas what might be going sideways?