[llvm-dev] Trying to cross-compile LLVM runtimes to Windows

Martin Storsjö via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 6 05:46:46 PST 2018

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018, Jean-Michaël Celerier via llvm-dev wrote:

> I have been using this project with great success to achieve this :
> https://github.com/mstorsjo/llvm-mingw
>
> It generates a linux-based windows cross-compiler with clang, libc++, etc.

FWIW, lately I've added prebuilt packages of it that you can run on actual
windows as well, even though cross compilation was my first/main focus.

> I was able to build a large part of Qt with it afterwards for instance.

Any particular part of Qt which you weren't able to build with it? I
regularly build Qt (qtbase) for i686/x86_64/armv7/aarch64, and as part of
VLC, I also build a few more Qt modules (qtdeclarative, qtquickcontrols2)
for i686 and x86_64.

// Martin