[llvm-dev] RFC: [FileCheck] CHECK-DAG for multiple occurrences of string

Jessica Paquette via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 7 10:23:47 PDT 2018

Right now, the tests try to accomplish the following

1. Define a sequence of instructions (e.g a,b,c)
2. Insert that sequence into k places with an unique instruction between them to make sure the outliner will yank them out *without overlaps*
3. Check for k calls to an outlined function
4. Check that the outlined sequence still exists in the program

This can result in some pretty long tests which would be a lot easier to define if we could say something like “this function must contain k instances of an outlined call, and not contain this sequence of instructions”.

test/CodeGen/machine-outliner.mir is a pretty good example of a test that would benefit from this sort of thing.

- Jessica